Date of Event
Essendon Maribyrnong Park Ladies Cricket Club:
Sat Oct 5, 2019 5:07PM
Week one sees the first milestone of the season ticked off with Michelle Tan playing her 200th game in tomorrow's afternoon Twenty20.
‘Tanners’ made her debut for EMP in 2009/10 - a late bloomer, debuting at the age of 31!
We knew we’d stumbled across a hidden gem when she took 5/31 on debut for the 3rd XI against Wyndhamvale.
Not only a gem on field however, it’s also the impact Tanners has made off field that makes tomorrow’s milestone a special one for her and her teammates.
A respected leader around the club for some time now, the passion she displays for the Bombers on and off the field is infectious.
A five time EMP Premiership player, Tanners has hit 1904 runs with a high score of 98 (unlucky) and claimed 158 wickets.
She has had a huge impact on our club in her 198 games to date and we congratulate her on reaching the special milestone this weekend.
Some special highlights from Tanners:
- Cheering on the 1s to a one-day flag in 2016/17. Pretty sure our post drinks cheering from the sidelines at Albert helped to jag a much needed wicket after the break.
- The sweetest season was 2017/18 where EMPY brought home 3 flags, with the 2s going the double. Defeating Carlton-Brunswick in the T20 final then MCC in the one-day GF was beyond epic!
- Sharing a 198 run opening stand with Caluzzi in 2016/17 after a late night at Lynny's place. I managed to scratch out my highest score of 98 that day before rain almost claimed the result!
- Sharing a 71 run 9th wicket stand with Beamsy in 2012/13 against Box Hill. We lost 3 top order wickets with run outs off the bowlers hand at the non-strikers end and we made 214 off our 50 overs. I almost died that day running with Beamsy. The boundaries at Box Hill City Oval seemed particularly large that day and I don't think I will run as many 3s ever again.
- Everything and anything EMPY related has been a highlight for me - from nights at the Doutt, to battling through pre-season fitness training, to celebrating milestones and achievements, to being welcomed into this great club of ours all those years ago, I have loved every minute of my time in the red and black. EMPY truly is family to me. I have had the privilege of meeting, learning from and competing with some of the most amazing people who I am proud to call friends. There is no one else I'd rather take the field with and play for than my EMPY sisters. I love representing our club and doing it proud.